Curriculum Vitae-Michael Nibert RRT, BSRT
•Long tenure in the field of Respiratory Care, Cardiopulmonary Diagnostics, Home Medical
Equipment, and Neurodiagnostics. .
*Employed at the age of 18, straight out of High School. I am entering 46th year
in the profession of Respiratory Care.
•Earned Bachelor Science education degree in Respiratory Therapy from
Southwest Missouri State University (now Missouri State) and completed a
Residency program at Kansas University Medical Center located in Kansas City, Kansas.
• Graduated from St. John’s School of Respiratory Therapy
•Credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a
Registered Respiratory Therapist (#5436) and licensed by the Texas Medical Booard as a
Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP00066299)
•History of five Directors positions in my career in acute care medicine
and home medical equipment. Maintains current position of Educational Consultant for Nibert Consulting.
• I have performed hospital consulting work in Iowa, Missouri, and Arkansas.
•Past Program Director Respiratory Care Certification Program
•Past Hospital Educator for Respiratory Care and Nursing services.
• Past Clinical Trainer for Hill-Rom Vest Airway Clearance System & Electromed Smartvest Airway Clearance System
Awards & Certifications:
•Continued interest and commitment to education, with advanced certifications in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Adult Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Smoking Cessation, and eligible Asthma Educator. .
•Past Instructor Trainer for American Heart Association.
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) American Heart Association Instructor
•Recognized by AARC as an honorable mention in 1976 as Ten Outstanding Therapists in
• American Association for Respiratory Care.
•Past board member for Brazos Valley Hospice Ethics committee
* Past Board member Missouri Society Respiratory Care & Texas Society Respiratory Care
* Past Administrator for Who's Who in Respiratory Therapy social networking site
* Administrator for Face Book Nibert Consulting and Rock Prairie Baptist FB pages.
•Strives to maintain abreast of cutting edge practices by belonging to AARConnect in Management, Help line and multiple discussion groups and Roundtables. Strong ambassador for AARC and TSRC promoting profession.
•Speaks at seminars and educational events in the state of Texas .
• Speaks nationally on clinical topics in association with medical industry
•Contributing author to Respiratory Therapy Equipment Manual-1977
• Author of Pleural Fluid pH Analysis published in Respiratory Therapy-2006
• Author of Blood Gas Regulatory Standards and Pleural pH Measurement in
the Blood Gas Laboratory
• Past Item writer for the National Board of Respiratory Care Registry
•Clinical evaluator for non-traditional Respiratory Care programs
•Has a great passion for the outdoors that has been with him since
childhood and continues to pursue his passion of nature on the water and in the
•Eagle Scout and President of his Medical Explorer post in the Boy Scouts of
. •The barometer of success is measured by reaching out to help someone each day along life's journey.